Author's Blog Hop- My Writing Process | Zoe Forward

Thanks for stopping by on the Blog Hop about My Writing Process!

1) What am I working on?
Edits, edits, edits on both Scimitar Magi#3 (Darkness Unbound) published by Wild Rose Press, and the first in my Pleiades Witch series (Reality Shift) through Entangled Publishing. And I'm completing the sequel to Reality Shift.

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I love paranormal romance...if you're reading this you probably do too (or you're one of my friends or family that I couldn't do this without...thank you...hugs and kisses...and you're reading it because you're the best). All my books are contemporaries with characters that have that little bit extra (something magical), and are destined to fall in love. Throw in a lot of action and you have an adventure that can't be missed. Long ago I decided to make my stories unique by creating new paranormal heroes/heroines and not rely upon the same old, same olds, although I'll admit I love those beings as much as anyone else (our vamps, were, fae, demons, etc). Some readers love that mine are new. Some readers still prefer to read about creatures they are familiar with and know the rules. It all depends on what you need when you read. I'll admit I tried writing a vamp/werewolf book to try to fit in. It's a fantastic almost completed manuscript, but I'm holding onto it for now. 

3) Why do I write what I do?
Paranormal romances are the stories bursting to get free in my brain right now. I've dabbled in other genres and each time the story gets going it morphs into a PNR. Romance is my genre. I love HEAs, and find myself disappointed when I read books that don't provide that.

4) How does my writing process work?

Finding the time to sit down and type is my biggest challenge at the moment. Somehow I fit that in between my full-time job as a veterinarian, being a wife and mom, and all those endless life tasks (like the fact right now my entire kitchen is a disaster zone from one end to the other). I love when the story comes together. I constantly work on my writing process because I feel there has to be a more efficient way of doing things. This is probably the scientist in me talking. I have improved my process to the point it doesn't take me quite as long to write a book, but still takes a few months. In the books whose characters are familiar (Scimitar Magi), these guys come easier. In the newer books with brand new characters it takes longer to flesh out their attributes and understand their actions/reactions. For the story, I use a combo of overall story arc plotting and some off-the-cuff (panster) writing. But I do have to be careful not to walk onto a tangent in the middle of a story. I'm really not a fast writer. I do try to be a disciplined writer.


Check out my Scimitar Magi Series:
TO READ MORE CLICK HERE







_________________________________________________________________________________

I must thank Cathy Perkins for inviting me to participate in this blog hop:
Cathy Perkins’ suspense writing lurks behind a financial geek day-job, where she learned firsthand the camouflage, hide in plain sight, skills employed by her villains. Born and raised in South Carolina, the setting for THE PROFESSOR, she now lives in the Pacific Northwest with her work-a-holic husband and a 75 pound Lab who thinks she’s still a lap-puppy.
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER



AND DON'T MISS HER NEWEST RELEASE: Love International Style (boxed set)

Available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo








_________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts