BROKEN DRIFT EXCERPT


Special Excerpt from this contemporary romance:
Wyatt reaches toward me slowly with his left hand, gently cupping my cheek and pulling me toward him. My heart beats wildly in my chest as I lean forward, closing the gap over the center console and meeting him nose to nose. My eyes are wide, my hands shaking where they rest on my thigh. I know where this is going and I have no desire to stop it. I want to push forward and press my lips to his, because I’ve been thinking about kissing him, too. I was just too scared to act on it myself. What if I had imagined all of the chemistry and the innuendo, gave more weight to the lingering gazes he would send my way when he thought I was too busy writing in his file or grabbing equipment? I want to pull him into the backseat and have a repeat performance. 
“Close your eyes, Bird.” 
My eyelids snap closed, the whisper of his breath against my lips is all I feel. My breath comes in soft pants against his face, smelling his scent and breathing in his warm breath. I feel him move slightly, my awareness of him growing more alive with my eyes closed. I jump when his lips hit my cheek softly for a moment before leaving my skin. My entire body is trembling as adrenaline and anticipation run through me. I tilt my head to the side as his nose skims my jaw and comes to rest just below my ear. Chill bumps rise all along my skin as he breathes in deeply, holds it for a moment, and breathes out softly against my neck. I sigh audibly as his lips make contact with my collar bone, shaking stronger now as I wonder how far he will take this, or when it will be too much and I crash my lips against his in crazed need to feel them on mine. 
“You smell even better than I remember.” His lips flutter against my neck before his wet tongue traces a short path back to my ear. 
I’m nearly convulsing with nervous anticipation, my hands raising to press lightly on his chest, steadying myself against him. I grasp his shirt in my fists for a moment when he pulls away, my eyes snapping open at the loss of his touch. I let go when I see his smile and know he’s won this round. He didn’t kiss me when I thought he would and he has more restraint than I do, apparently. I would have pulled him in for a bruising kiss had he stayed close to me for a second longer. We both fall back against our seats, chests rising and falling heavily as if we had just sprinted. I cover my face with my hands and blow out a deep, shaky breath. 
“Fuuuuck,” he exhales heavily next to me.
“You’re going to be trouble.” My body aches from need and tension.
“The perfect kind of trouble for you,” he confidently replies.
I turn in my seat and look at his profile as he stares straight ahead. “Is that so?”
“You already know it. Now I want to know you.”

Get Your Copy Today: 


Amazon | B&N | Apple | Kobo


SEE PREVIOUS POST TO ENTER THE RELEASE DAY GIVEAWAY

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts